6.29.2009

Hudson Beach Cafe


View of Jersey over the Hudson
It was only a matter of time. You can't go running around the city making a living tasting food and not come across a few bad seeds. I shed a tear for fry lovers everywhere after choking down a couple of Hudson Beach Cafe's excuse for fries (BFG rating: 19/57, See FryCap below). Oh! And couple this with it coming on the heels of the worst ass kicking I've ever seen in softball. We lost 33-1 and went to drown our sorrows in carbonated, alcoholic liquids. More Pics

Hudson Beach Cafe, an outdoor terrace bar, had a chill set up and splendid views of Riverside Park, the Hudson River and the New Jersey skyline beyond that. "Self, what a great place" I said to myself. "Order the fries." It was all downhill from there. The "fries" (I put them in quotes because I don't want them confused with the food I love) were undercooked and tasted more like used fry grease.

I was actually afraid to send them back because our waitress was Australian. I hear they can dismember you without even thinking... Anyway, I sent them back against my better judgment and they returned just as bad and probably with hint of phlegm..

So what do you do with terrible fries at an outdoor bar?? You play a game of "Catch It In Your Mouth". Men vs. Women. The women won hands down... Funny because it's true. (If you're reading this mom, sorry. Couldn't help myself. I'll get you a house when I open BarFryGuy's Bar and Grill. :D )

To the FryCap!!

Hudson Beach Cafe: 105th St. and Riverside
Taste: 0/10
Crispiness/Texture: 0/10
Presentation: 1/10
Ambiance: 9/10
Service: 5/10
BFG Factor: 4/7 (A game of "Catch it in your mouth" makes any meal better)

LEAVE A COMMENT

3 comments:

Brando Carter on July 09, 2009 said...

A 5/10 for service is generous, BFG, whereas the 0/10 for taste is spot ... the fries literally didn't taste like anything. And I guess if they're not cooked, they're not crisp either.

If it fits, it ships.

Just because there's hair, doesn't mean you can go there.

If she can breathe ...

E. J. White on July 09, 2009 said...

And if there's grass on the infield, you can play corporate mixed-leauge softball.

Kinshasa on July 12, 2009 said...

lol "I hear they can dismember you without thinking.." haha

Post a Comment