10.14.2009

McFadden's NYC



Let’s get down to Beez-Nass. My eyes lit up when I saw “Spicy Curly Fries” on the menu. What’s better than fries, you ask? Curly Fries. And what’s better than curly fries? Spicy curly fries. I was practically drooling at the thought of them, until they came out…

The FryCap
BFGs 35 of 57
Place: McFadden's 42nd and 2nd Ave
Taste: 4/10
Crispiness/Texture: 4/10
Presentation: 5/10
Ambiance: 8/10
Service: 8/10
BFG Factor: 6/7 (Incredible drink special and awesome staff)

“There wasn’t too much flavor,” said one innocent bystander. “Actually more oil than anything and they were too crispy for so little flavor. They were supposed to be spicy curly fries but there were no spices :( We needed a lot of salt and pepper and 57 for decent eating.” I couldn’t agree more. If the menu had said “Crispy Waffle Fries”, this is a different review. Unfortunately, they need to do a better job of managing expectations. Oh, and actually serving what’s on the menu.

We came because my buddy Brandon won a half price happy hour (Email my friend Dina dina.mcfaddens@gmail.com for more info). Translated that means Jack and Cokes and Vodka Cranberrys for $4. Translated that means DRINKS ON ME!! My little brother JR had just finished taking his MCATs aka he's a future doctor. So I did what every forward-thinking, alcohol-guzzling, fry-eating critic would do... I put a down payment on my future hospital bills.

0 comments:

Post a Comment