5.05.2009

The Den




Let's start this thing off right! Right here at home in Harlem!

The Den makes it feel OK to stay uptown for a drink without A) having to take a long train or cab ride home and B) getting pistol-whipped for your Jordans. This classy uptown joint clearly has character with menu items ranging from the "Bruce Leeroy Popcorn Shrimp" to "The B.I.G. Burger". But we all know what I'm here for...

They offer Sweet Potato Fries and Shoestring Fries, and I ordered the latter (pictured) at my waiter Kevin's suggestion. Besides, my verdict is still out on orange potatoes...

These bad boys get 34 of 57 BFGs for effort. They're regular shoestring fries but the Fry Cook took the extra step of sprinkling seasoning salt on them. If The Den cares about their fries, subsequently they care about me. And my Heineken was only $5!

As a complete aside, the girl sitting next to Brandon (@sleepchant) and I also ordered fries. Out the corner of my eye I saw her reach in her bag and pull out a g*ddam packet of salt! She couldn't wait 2 minutes for the waiter to bring her salt so she took matters into her own hands! All this with out even tasting them first. Lakeva (seriously, that's her name), if you're out there babygirl, high blood pressure is real. Stop it.

Frycap
Place: The Den
Location: 2150 5th Ave and 132nd St.
Price: $$
BFGs: 34 of 57 (yes, like the ketchup)

Any suggestions on other good bars in Harlem? Email me @ barfryguy@gmail.com
Follow me on Twitter @BarFryGuy

1 comments:

Unknown on May 07, 2009 said...

awesome blog, Young Sir. I aim to try these fries as per your rating.

Post a Comment